Monday, March 7, 2011

Kefir Cheese

I know it has been a while but life has happened and my family comes first. But I want to continue where I left off and that is to give you some ideas on how to make what you eat and make it matter. Instead of putting things into your body that can cause you to be moody, tired, and sick I want to give some suggestions on what to eat to make your body happy, energetic and happy. So here is a recipe that goes with my first post on easy changes, kefir cheese.

 Kefir is great for your gut and can be used many ways. Besides using kefir in smoothies my family likes kefir cheese. It is just as simple to make and great tasting. This morning I mixed some kefir cheese and some blueberries in the food processor to put on our pancakes.

All you have to do to make kefir into kefir cheese is to put either coffee filters or cheese cloth inside a colander, put the colander into a glass bowl. Then pour the kefir into the lined colander and let it sit over night or most of the day until it gets to the consistency that you want. The liquid that drains off the kefir is called whey don't throw this away. Whey is very healthy and can be used in smoothies, to soak your grains or to ferment. Put the whey into a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator it will last for 6 months. Then take the remaining kefir and put it into an air tight container in the refrigerator. You can use it in place of sour cream or cream cheese.

Next I will be talking about some things that you should take out of your diet. This task is not as easy but your body will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment